Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Last Kiss




(Written as song lyrics)

I promise I will love you
‘Til the sun no longer shines.
I’ll give you all the love I have
And everything that’s mine.
I’ll love you with my heart and soul,
My body and my mind.
I’ll give to you the best of me
Until the end of time.
All I am, all I may gain
I simply want to give
To you with deep affection
As long as I may live.
When it comes my time to go,
I will whisper this,
“I love you” with my last breath
And give you my last kiss.

I will give you my last kiss,
And every one ‘til then.
This burning love I have for you
Will never see an end;
And while we’re living through this life,
I will promise this,
I’ll love you with my last breath
And give you my last kiss.

Forever I’ll stay near you
To keep you safe and warm.
I’ll gladly give my life for you
To shelter you from harm.
I’ll put my arms around you
When you are feeling small;
And anything you need from me
You will have it all.
You will never be in want
Of things love can supply.
I’ll dedicate myself to this
Until the day I die.
As long as I live in this world
You can count on this,
I’ll love you ‘til my last breath
And give you my last kiss.

©Stan Sanford
November 9, 1999


No comments:

Post a Comment