Saturday, May 19, 2012

Waiting For the Morning



Waiting for the Morning

She sits beside her window
And stares into the night
She’s waiting for the morning
She’s longing for the light
The night finds her so lonely
Intensifies the pain
She’s praying for the sunrise
To warm her face again

Waiting for the morning
Through the dark of night
For light to give you meaning
When day restores your sight
Waiting for the morning
It is more than you can bear
For you are lost in darkness
And no one seems to care

He’s waiting there on death row
All his appeals are gone
He awaits the consequences
For all the things he’s done
He had a talk with Jesus
He's tried to make it right
He sits there in the darkness
Just waiting for the light

Drowning in my loneliness
I live with constant pain
I’m crying for connections
To heal my soul again
But I have burned my bridges
No advance and no retreat
I’m waiting for the morning
Where need and resource meet

©Stan Sanford
December 03, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment