Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Gentle Breeze

A gentle breeze walks through the night
Without disturbing sleep.
It whispers at the window—
Deep that calls to deep.
Out of the night there comes a light
The eyes of day can’t see.
The light forms sound in words profound:
The love you have for me.

(Chorus)
Into the darkness of the night
A light I never knew:
The love you have for me;
The love I have for you.
I no longer fear the shadows
Of the dangers lurking there
For I’ve found peace and safety
In the love that we two share.

A silver star walks through the night
Across a silent sky.
A moment and infinity
Together in it fly.
Freedom’s call to one and all
With strength to follow through:
Peace in strife the whole of life,
The love I have for you.

A gleaming moon walks through the night
And slips into the room.
It brings soft light to darkness
Dispelling cold and gloom.
In it I see you come to me--
An angel moving there.
You hold me near and melt my fear:
The love that we two share.

©2012, Stan Sanford




1 comment: