Thursday, September 5, 2013

Hope for the Flowers*

Hope for the Flowers*
For Jessica Hope Sanford Lang
 
Hope for the flowers, the butterfly
Floats through the garden, free as the sky;
The essence of life on delicate wing,
Hope for the flowers that bloom in the spring.
 
Profusion of colors with fragrances sweet
Appear where the pollen and beating wings meet,
Thrilling the heart and stirring the soul,
Each individually part of the whole.
 
Hope, hope for the flowers,
only when the butterfly
Is free to fly as it chooses
to carry the essence of life.
 
Just being you abundantly gives
Hope to my life each moment you live;
Abounding in beauty with light from above,
You bring to the world God’s presence and love.
 
All of my life, I’d dreamed of you;
Pictured the things I’d want you to do;
For I had been hurt and wanted to stay
Protected in dreams with life all my way.
 
The butterfly must not be told
How it should fly, what it should hold;
I have no right to ask of you
Anything not of your heart free and true.
 
©Stan Sanford
May 2, 1996
 
*Jessica’s middle name came from the book,
Hope for the Flowers, by Trina Paulus.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment