Thursday, February 23, 2012

I Have Loved You All My Life


It has not been a whole year yet
Since the day that we first met.
That day was so remarkable;
I never will forget.
Your eyes, your voice, your lovely face,
Your charms, your smile, and gentle grace
Transfixed me there in time and space
As love swept over me.
Since then I find
You are on my mind
All day and every night.
For though it has not been a year,
I’ve loved you all my life.

(Chours)
I have loved you all my life:
I know that your love let
Me start to breathe, begin to live,
On the day that we met.
I had not started living
Until that special day
I was going through the motions,
Without a lot to say.
Since then I see
How life can be
So sweet, so rich, so right;
For though it has not been a year,
I’ve loved you all my life.

Now all the world seems so brand new
I think my life began with you.
You fill my life with meaning
In everything you do.
You told me that your love was mine
That day the sun began to shine,
And now I want you for all time
And for eternity.
Yeah life is sweet
And so complete
As you become my wife;
And though it has not been a year,
I’ve loved you all my life.

©Stan Sanford, 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment