Thursday, October 13, 2011

Chosen

All State Choir at Samford University, Birmingham, AL


So much happens in this world
It seems to me by chance;
But if we hear the music,
We can join the dance.
A spirit rides upon the wind,
Speaks through some inner voice,
Reveals to us the options,
Lets us make the choice.

There is something, Darling,
I want you to know:
You’re special.  You are chosen,
And I love you so.
When I hold you in my arms
The truth is plain to see
You chose to call me “Daddy,”
You have chosen me.


I heard the music playing;
I heard it calling me.
You were there; You were dancing,
So beautiful, so free.
In my mind and heart I chose
What I wanted to do:
In the movement of the music
To join the dance with you.

I did not bring you to this world.
I did not plan your birth.
You are blessing; you are treasure:
The wonder of the earth.
I chose you as my daughter
To make my life complete,
Because I needed you,
Because you needed me.

And very much in the same way
Before the start of time,
You were loved, and you were chosen
By a Heart greater than mine.
It is that Heart that calls to us
Asking us to be
A part of all that He’s about
In our family.

©Stan Sanford
April 13, 2001

1 comment: