Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Procrastination


Maybe I will do that next week;
This is more important now.
I may fail doing that;
This is relatively risk-free.
That might embarrass me;
No one will see this.
That is just too boring;
This excites me.
I am not ready for that;
This will fly today.
That is not who I am;
This fit me to a “T.”
That will take more preparation;
I can master this.
I do not have the gifts or skills for that;
This is familiar to me.
That cross is too bloody;
This “bed of roses” offers no pain.
Maybe I will finish this poem;

©Stan Sanford
January 25, 2012

4 comments:

  1. Hello Stan!
    I wonder if you like me are missing our wonderful poetry site that was so simple to negotiate.I am delighted to see that you have found a way to present your excellent work.I regret it is all too dificult for me to do the same! Reply via my 'There Once Was A Duck Called Henry' poem when you have time.
    Best regards,
    Alba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alba,
      Great to hear from you again! I responded with a lengthy reply, but I did not want it in a public forum--because of references to person for whom we have both expressed concern on the former version of Poetry.com. I drew a blank on your blog. Message me on Facebook at Robert Stanley Sanford.
      --Stan

      Delete
    2. Hello Stan,
      So glad to see that you are still writing! As for me I am so disgusted with today's politics
      that all inspiration to write poems appeares to be blocked!
      As for poetry .com, I still pray that they might revert to the previous system that was so writer friendly.
      All best wishes
      Alba.

      Delete
  2. Alba, good to hear from you, and thanks for your comments. I'm not writing much poetry these days either. I am working on publishing my program, "Choices." I sympathize with your lack of motivation. I hate those dry spells, especially when I have the urge to write and have neither subject nor words. Sometimes I have broken that by simply starting to write, in the dark, so to speak. I occasionally think of "our" Poetry.com and have a nostalgic moment for the good interchanges we had. Take care. --Stan

    ReplyDelete