Sunday, January 15, 2012

Strange




He’s always been a little strange;
Folks say he’s rather odd;
He talks to someone they can’t see;
He says he talks to God.
He’s forgiving those who hurt him;
He turns the other cheek;
He gives away ’most all he has;
But people say he’s weak.
He would never sue a debtor;
He helps him pay his debt;
He’d walk a mile or two with you;
You’d never hear him fret.
He’s friendly to those others hate;
He never counts his loss;
But he lived life to the fullest, then
He died upon a cross.

©Stan Sanford
January 15, 2012

4 comments:

  1. This is very good Stan. I am reading them as you post because I follow your blog and get the emails. This one brought me over to comment.

    I am doing a 365 Creativity Project on my blog at http://www.hopefuljo.wordpress.com and would love to have you follow along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comment, JoAnn. I have visited your blog numerous times. I will follow to keep up with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another delightful, poetic offering; loved the message; if He was strange, then does it make us "stranger"? Nicely done!

    -Joe Breunig
    Reaching Towards His Unbounded Glory
    A Journey Of... Poetic Purpose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment, Joe. Love the play on words! --Stan

    ReplyDelete